Sunday, November 1, 2015

The day before retaking GMAT

It started with a very positive morning, thinking that today is the day of winter solstice and sun is going to shine in my direction tomorrow onwards( how lame this thought could be) , after waking up to tensions surmounting my future and my incapabilities. Gradually with every hour passed the pressure started to build upon. The pressure to perform as I have flunked on various other occasions previously. Lot of contemplations running throughout the mind. Why did that happen? Even people with very poor grammar and verbal abilities have performed better than me, how did this happen ? Where was i going wrong? Did I eat something wrong? Was I on high sugar content ( flashback: read somewhere that high sugar content leads to some kind of secretion which reduces the ability of neurons in brain to transmit data at a speed much lesser than something which I may require tomorrow) Maybe I wearing something wrong, something that just Inversed-Feng-shui on me, bringing in negative outputs. Just yesterday it was that my GMAT prep totally shattered my hopes that I could score close enough to someone with such smartness. Don't mock on the smartness part, that came into light when few days back I acclaimed myself as “Above Average”. Everyday post that claim these two words have come to haunt me as being proud and haughty. Now, I have to vouch that above average people cant perform poor in exams held through out their life not just with any decision they make, why so ? Because they are “ Above Average”, period.

But still not losing hope as the battle is yet to be fought tomorrow. People say that the pressure on the real day is much more, but i have lived with that pressure for a year and now the last month it was as if I was married to it. I will be able to cope the pressure, i believe so. Am no big saint or some huge celebrity or a renowned sports person whose thoughts before the big day matters or even worthy for consideration but writing this definitely makes me feel like some hotshot,  who can make others laugh tomorrow after sharing this.  Everything on my plate is too shady and the only way I thought this pressure could be relieved is either by jerking off or writing, now you'll know the decision I took. Don't judge me for my previous sentence, am no good a writer or is my hobby blogging, I prefer watching dumb sitcoms and partying with my friends than writing such stupid monologues of my thoughts.

Speaking about preparations, I definitely feel more confident about taking exam tomorrow. I can ascertain anybody reading this that my preparations are much better than last time and even am no more petrified of the Reading Comprehensions. Attempting a reading comprehension seems like a penance for a sin which i had committed ages ago. Just every thing on my penance list (read topics for RC) on the test day is likely to be standing against a penalty kick of Christiano Ronaldo. Well how difficult it can be reading so many words and feeling like a dyslexic kid. Worst of all is the power of imagination, when I start correlating words with my real life or divulging my head to something totally irrelevant at that particular point. How can anyone stop this from happening? How can anyone attain such a concentration level? I guess this is tougher than obtaining Nirvana? Whom should I contact just today who can teach me to peace my mind out of all these contemplations may be help me to meditate for thirty minutes to attain my INNER- PEACE, I need Shifu - ( the master of kung fu panda), definitely he can help me out or may be smoke weed (definitely helps but I don’t and cant smoke, if u do smoke it as an awesome last resort for the night before your exams[for experimental and survey results contact personally]).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, your blog post's so raw, fresh and authentic. Fellow test takers can totally relate to it. Reliving my GMAT days. Keep writing! Interesting read!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Dil se likha hai sir...ekdum genuine :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Dil se likha hai sir...ekdum genuine :)

Unknown said...

Dil se likha hai sir...ekdum genuine :)